Orbital Africa (www.orbital.co.ke) is the leading Geospatial consulting company based in Nairobi. We are looking to fill the position of an Accountant-Intern to assist us harmonize our Accounting, ERP and EDMS systems for a period of 6 Months. The candidate can also be absorbed upon successful execution of his/her duties. The intern shall be paid monthly. We are therefore looking for a graduate keen on gaining hands-on experience and skills in the accounting field.
Deadline: 19th October 2018
Job Purpose / Summary:
The accountant shall be responsible for executing systems, procedures and controls in the entire accounting function covering the accounting policies, procedures and control, record maintenance and reporting requirements among others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in the setting up and maintaining of modern accounting systems for our company.
• Receive and process all invoices, expense forms and requests for payment.
• Harmonize account receivables; receive and make payments (cash, cheque, EFT, SWIFT etc.)
• Filling KRA monthly and annual tax returns (withholding, VAT and income tax etc.) via iTax.
• Oversee the management and preparation of financial statements and management accounts.
• Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts as well as financial reports.
• Filing of all payments made and record all financial transactions for easy retrieval and reference
• Make regular reports to the board on income, expenditure and any variations from budgets.
• Apply accounting system compliance with accepted accounting principles for auditing purposes.
• Act as the custodian of accounting records, ledgers, revenues and operating expenses.
• Manage and oversee the internal audit process and be in-charge of reviewing accounting and administrative controls.
• Oversee clearance of debts and arrears within agreed timelines.
• Ensure all statutory e.g. taxation and legislative requirements are always complied with.
• Protect organization's value of non-disclosure by keeping financial information confidential.
• Prepare weekly, monthly and annual reports on the financial status of the company.
• A Degree/Diploma in Commerce (Accounting option) or equivalent.
• At least 1-year experience in financial industry.
• Should have a CPA (II)/K or equivalent.
• Experience in accounting systems (e.g. QuickBooks, Sage; Odoo and Tally ERP systems).
• Skills in Open Source Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) e.g. Alfresco
• Proficient in MS Office applications especially Word, Excel and Access.
• Good Interpersonal skills i.e. Influencing, communication and negotiation skills.
• Should be innovative, creative and assertive.
• Should possess the problem solving and analytical skills
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents we are looking for, we would like to hear from you. Please forward a cover letter and updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 19th October 2018.
NB: Please do not attach certificates!!