• You need to be a registered member to post a thread. Registration is free

Crazy Rich Asians tops US box office in weekend debut

Max

MV5BMTYxNDMyOTAxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg1ODYzNTM@._V1_UY222_CR0,0,150,222_AL.jpg
With an estimated $34 million, Crazy Rich Asians topped industry expectations and came up just shy of Mojo's aggressive, pre-weekend forecast. The film is having a profound impact as the first Asian-led studio film to hit theaters since The Joy Luck Club 25 years ago and word of mouth continues to spread following the film's Wednesday opening.
Made on a reported $30 million production budget*, the film was met with plenty of fanfare heading into the weekend, including a strong 74 rating on Metacritic, and audiences agreed to the tune of an "A" CinemaScore on opening day. Following the film's Wednesday opening, it entered the weekend with $8.8 million in its coffers and is now estimated to have delivered just shy of $25.2 million over the three-day weekend. Looking ahead, the film should surely top $100 million domestically.

Internationally, Crazy Rich Asians debuted in just six markets this weekend, bringing in an estimated $730,000led by the Netherlands with $208k. The film is following a staggered release pattern overseas, with key markets such as Australia opening on August 30 followed by a mid-September release in the UK.
For more info visit https://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4429&p=.htm

Latest profile posts

“The things I do for love.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
prior to proper preparations results to better performance
Max
Ecclesiastes 7:9
9 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Don’t say money changed them, You didn’t text them when they were broke, Always remember that. Copied.
Supreme Court upholds Babu Owino win as the Embakasi East Member of Parliament.
Why did the physics teacher break up with the biology teacher? There was no chemistry.
Max
Her: Where did you get my number from?
Me: From the Bible, the book of Numbers
Max
Wife:uko na text.
Hubby:Please Nisomee.
Wife:"Equity bank" anauliza amefika poa.