Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Our mission is to timely, effectively and innovatively deliver humanitarian services with respect, in solidarity and accountability to our stakeholders, our communities and affected populations.
The Society is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic persons to fill the following position:
Position Title: Head of Operation
Reporting to: Director, Programs and DM Operations
Job Location: Dadaab
The Head of Operation is responsible for providing strategic leadership in the development, maintenance and growth of the Dadaab Refugee Operation through effective coordination of plans and budget, implementation and delivery of high quality humanitarian services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the development and implementation of Dadaab Refugee programmes that includes public health, social services, water and sanitation, disease prevention and control as well as emergency care management.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems are in place for all sectors in the Operations.
- Develop strategies for strengthening collaborative partnerships and networks with stakeholders, government agencies, the private sector and other players to ensure implementation of programmes that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Supervise preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to UNHCR and other donors as applicable and ensure that such reports are timely, accurate and representing the KRCS work.
- Provide the required leadership and support while carrying out internal and external evaluations, surveys and participate in review of reports and other documents generated from such work.
- Provide overall leadership and supervise Dadaab Refuge Operation staff in development and implementation of procurement and spending plans.
- In coordination with the Head of Health and Nutirition, determine health program staffing needs and ensure such positions are filled in timely manner;
- Coordinate monitoring and evaluation/reporting of programmes in the operation in order to assess progress, ensure accountability, determine impact and report significant achievements to ensure organizational learning
- Represent the Society at meetings, conferences and workshops and other forums to promote programme activities and articulate issues related to the humanitarian relief
- In liaison with the Knowledge Management Officer coordinate documentation of experiences and program implementation strategies that are unique with a view to enhancing knowledge sharing
- Administer operations/support units and enforce internal controls and adherence to guiding policies in execution of procedures including Logistic and Supplies, Finance and Administration, Safety & Security and Human Resource management to optimize cost effectiveness efficiency and transparency in the operation.
- Assign duties, train, supervise and appraise Program Managers and Coordinators.
- Prepare proposals and budgets in liaison with Program Coordinators, and other program staff for funding and oversee the implementation of programmes in line with approved plans of action and budgets
- Coordinate the development, implementation of the DRO plan and budget under the direction of the Director, Programs and DM Operations.
- Ensure effective resource mobilization strategies, prepare and submit funding proposals according to donor requirements.
- Consolidate programme implementation of work plans that capture all donor requirements as well as planned activity accomplishments, outputs, and verifiable indicators
- Ensure budget spending according to approved budgets, review and analyse budgets versus actual expenditures and take remedial measures;
- Recommend appropriate budget revisions to ensure maximum use of financial resources;
- Design capacity building programmes to effectively prepare communities to respond to disasters, restore family links as well as put in place systems for community reconstruction and environmental conservation.
- Masters in Business Management (MBA) or MSc in Public Health (MPH)
- Training and/or Experience in project management
- Over 7 years’ experience in planning, implementing and evaluating community-based programmes in emergency/ relief/development context, two of which must be at a leadership level
- Broad knowledge of project management, emergency response, humanitarian relief issues, trends and goals aimed at preventing and alleviating human suffering
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver the society’s articulated vision for change
- Partnerships and stakeholder management
- Ability to initiate and manage change and align programmes to the strategic plan
- Demonstrated ability to influence and resolve differences and conflicts.
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications so as to reach us not later than Friday, 21st September 2018 to;
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100,
Applications MUST contain; letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of relevant certificates, address and contacts of three referees one of which should be your immediate employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
74.8 KB Views: 0