Health Informatics Coordinator (CHS/TBARCII/HIC/2018)
Reference Number : CHS/TBARCII/HIC/2018
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Health Informatics Coordinator: CHS/TBARCII/HIC/2018.
Reporting to the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, the incumbent shall be responsible for development, coordination and monitoring the implementation of e-Health and related Health Information System (HIS) solutions under TB ARC II activity, as well as supporting the Monitoring and Evaluation component of the project.
- Development and monitoring of the TB ARC II concept note of the eHealth and IT solutions
- Design, develop, deploy and implement eHealth and HIS solutions to facilitate real time data transmission and reporting at the Health facility, Sub- National and National levels.
- Health Informatics and Information Systems strengthening including co-ordination and support for implementation of eHealth and HIS solutions at National and sub-National levels.
- Provide technical support for eHealth and HIS solutions support and administration including provide first level support , troubleshooting, system testing, applications’ rollout and providing excellent post-rollout IT support via phone, internet, or in-person as need arises
- Lead in user training, technical support and capacity building on eHealth and HIS solutions in compliance with national protocols and guidelines and provide continuous mentorship.
- Provide technical support for Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance interventions at all levels.
- Support Electronic Medical Records systems integration with TIBU surveillance system roll out at facility level
- Hardware and software setup and maintenance in eHealth implementation sites
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Information Technology, a Master’s degree in Public Health or related field will be an added advantage
- A minimum of five years of health informatics experience in a health related project
- Broad and extensive knowledge of IT principles, methods and techniques; analytical skills and superior knowledge of project management principles to manage projects and work with multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing and maintaining knowledge management systems that facilitate data use for decision-making
- Demonstrable experience in development and implementation of web and m-health based solutions
- Experience in Electronic Medical Records’ development, implementation and support
- Working knowledge of DATIM and PEPFAR reporting systems is an added advantage
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Dedicated team player with excellent interpersonal, communication, report writing and analytical skills
- Takes initiative and is able to work without supervision in a dynamic multi-cultural environment
- Proficiency in relevant computer packages for generating and analyzing reports
- Ability to exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work effectively in a busy, high pressure team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate outcomes on strict deadlines