Human Resources Manager (CHS/HRM/01/2018)
Reference Number: CHS/HRM/01/2018
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Human Resources Manager – CHS/HRM/01/2018.
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the incumbent will provide input to planning, execution, management and coordination of all Human Resources needs at CHS.
- Developing and implementing a human resources management strategy for the organization aligned to the goal of growing people
- Developing and implementing optimal reward and performance management systems and processes
- Maintaining up-to-date job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Preparing employees for assignments by coordinating orientation and staff development programs
- Ensuring legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable Kenyan human resource legal requirements
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by participating in educational workshops, sector networks and reviewing publications
- Ensuring the organization has access to quality human resources on a long-term basis, by developing and implementing appropriate human resources planning and recruitment activities and implementing staff retention strategies
- Managing employee discipline and ensure compliance with CHS Standard Operating Procedures and HR policy
- Ensuring an optimal work environment that promotes employee motivation, team work and helps to maximize employee productivity
- Contributing to team efforts by accomplishing related results as necessary
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies or Social Sciences from a recognized university
- Higher National Diploma in Human Resources Management
- At least five years progressive work experience in similar positions with related responsibilities
- Practical experience in developing and implementing strategies for managing performance, motivation, change and culture management of staff of different diverse cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with the National and international Labour Laws
- Must be a member of IHRM