• You need to be a registered member to post a thread. Registration is free

Manager Analytics Systems Support Job Opportunity at Safaricom

Job Description

We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digital I.T Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Data Management, the position holder will shall provide leadership for support and maintenance of all data management platforms within the organization based on Hadoop and other open source technologies.

Job Responsibilities
•Provide 2nd & 3rd line Technical support with a view to curb vendor reliance & consequently reduce support costs
•Lead implementation of the Business Continuity Plan & testing for data management plans as par the BCP policy.
•Communicating status, issues and problems in a real-time manner to business users of the data management systems
•Act as single point of contact for all operational data management issues and problems
•Lead in coordinating and scheduling maintenance and upgrades of all Hadoop based data management platforms.
QUALIFICATIONS
Job Requirements

•BSc Degree in computer science or engineering;
•5 years BI or related experience;
•Experience with using Spark, Yarn, Hive and Oozie, Informatica, Oracle BI;
•Working knowledge of HBase, Solr, Kafka and Flume;
•Some experience with other distributed technologies such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch and Flink.
•Experience in managing systems that process large amounts of data in a Hadoop ecosystem;
•Experience with performance tuning applications on Hadoop and configuring Hadoop systems to maximize performance;
•Experience building systems to perform real-time data processing using Spark Streaming or Storm;
•Experience working in a multi tenancy Hadoop environment.

PRIMARY LOCATION: Kenya-Nairobi
JOB: Manager
ORGANIZATION: Technology Division
SCHEDULE: Regular
SHIFT: Standard
JOB TYPE: Full-time
Day Job

APPLY ONLINE:
https://safaricom.taleo.net/careers...onal/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en&portal=12100020963

Last edited:

Latest profile posts

“The things I do for love.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
prior to proper preparations results to better performance
Max
Ecclesiastes 7:9
9 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Don’t say money changed them, You didn’t text them when they were broke, Always remember that. Copied.
Supreme Court upholds Babu Owino win as the Embakasi East Member of Parliament.
Why did the physics teacher break up with the biology teacher? There was no chemistry.
Max
Her: Where did you get my number from?
Me: From the Bible, the book of Numbers
Max
Wife:uko na text.
Hubby:Please Nisomee.
Wife:"Equity bank" anauliza amefika poa.