• You need to be a registered member to post a thread. Registration is free

New to politics and news? Advice?

Amal

I'm 17 years old and I've lived my life in a bubble. I'm going to be going to college in the fall and realize that I need to open my eyes to the world around me. What are some good ways to start learning? I was thinking about watching an hour of news a day and reading the newspaper in the morning, is there something else i should be doing?
What are some unbiased news sources? I want to make my own opinions so would it be a good idea to listen to both conservative and liberal news channels?
any advice will be much appreciated

Johnsilva

Bloomberg Businessweek is currently the best periodical for news, in my opinion. Subscribe to it while you are in school and your understanding of current events will always be greater than your classmates'.

Stick to online news sources and find someone who focuses on the truth. A lot of places, including Fox, are biased. Fox is not nearly as bad as the others but they are still very biased. No matter which side you land on, just make sure who you follow is speaking the truth and if you doubt it for a second, do your own research. The news in terms of politics and everything else has become a means of being first, not telling the truth.

Latest profile posts

“The things I do for love.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
prior to proper preparations results to better performance
Max
Ecclesiastes 7:9
9 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Don’t say money changed them, You didn’t text them when they were broke, Always remember that. Copied.
Supreme Court upholds Babu Owino win as the Embakasi East Member of Parliament.
Why did the physics teacher break up with the biology teacher? There was no chemistry.
Max
Her: Where did you get my number from?
Me: From the Bible, the book of Numbers
Max
Wife:uko na text.
Hubby:Please Nisomee.
Wife:"Equity bank" anauliza amefika poa.