Location: Meru & Homa Bay
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the position of Regional Officer – Upper Eastern Region (CHS/TBARCII/ROUE/2018).
Reporting to the Senior Technical Advisor/Deputy Chief of Party and working closely with the County Tuberculosis and Leprosy Coordinators (CTLC), the incumbent shall be responsible for coordinating the implementation and scale up of TB services in Upper Eastern region in liaison with the NTLD-Program, and other USG implementing partners. The support will include among others active case finding, Programmatic management of Drug Resistant TB, gene Xpert uptake and Isoniazid Preventive Therapy scale up activities in the regions. The Regional Officer will be stationed in Meru.
- Supporting the development, implementation and routine monitoring of the regional work plan, in collaboration with CTLC and other partners
- Providing technical support (including trainings, CMEs and mentorship) to the CTLC, Implementing Partners and Ministry of Health staff
- Providing direct technical and administrative support to high volume facilities in the region
- In collaboration with the County TB and Leprosy Coordinator (CTLC) and Implementing partners, provide support for scale-up of Active Case Finding, Isoniazid Preventive Therapy (IPT), Active Case Finding, Gene Xpert uptake and Childhood TB services
- In collaboration with the CTLC, and other partners, provide support for high quality PMDT services including coordination of DR TB clinical meetings, surveillance and high quality care and treatment
- In collaboration with the CTLCs and other Implementing partners, support the design and implementation of TB infection prevention and control plans across health facilities in the county
- Participating in quarterly TB review meetings in the region
- Participating in joint supportive supervision of health facilities
- In collaboration with the CTLC and other partners, coordinate the implementation and monitoring of various TB QI activities at facility level
- Coordinating and participating in various County TB/HIV TWGs, PMDT clinical review meetings and Xpert meetings.
- Representing the TB ARC activity at county level to the Ministry of Health and other stakeholders in the county
- Alongside the CTLC, support and coordinate TB ECHO sessions to build capacity in the county.
- Monitoring, documentation and sharing of best practices, ‘success stories’ and publications within the region and the project.
- Coordinating support for TB services among Implementing Partners in the region
- A Clinical Officer with Public Health experience
- At least three (3) years progressive TB or HIV -related clinical experience
- Working knowledge in project management, capacity building, networking, operational research, monitoring and evaluation,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate experience in Operational Research