• You need to be a registered member to post a thread. Registration is free

Why are people so mad when people kneel during the national anthem?

Johnsilva

Kneeling to the State - and the national anthem is a symbol of the State - is wrong. The State is not God. Even if you don't believe in God, why treat the State as if it were God?

Mason

In the USA it is expected every person will stand during the national anthem, and any other gesture/behavior is regarded as disrespectful. This lies in the country's history and the collective long ago being told what they must do to show allegiance to nation and flag.

People sacrificed their lives and limbs for you and respect for our flag and anthem honors that. Kneeling is plain and simple disrespect for everything this nation stands for. Just like the anarchists burning the flag, I would have trouble keeping myself from getting into a physical fight with those animals and I am getting close to 80.

Taking a knee is viewed as disrespecting your own land. I understand why they did it but they could have done their protest off the field and not during a time when we should be honoring the freedoms we have thanks to the men and women who served this country.

Latest profile posts

“The things I do for love.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones
prior to proper preparations results to better performance
Max
Ecclesiastes 7:9
9 Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools.
Don’t say money changed them, You didn’t text them when they were broke, Always remember that. Copied.
Supreme Court upholds Babu Owino win as the Embakasi East Member of Parliament.
Why did the physics teacher break up with the biology teacher? There was no chemistry.
Max
Her: Where did you get my number from?
Me: From the Bible, the book of Numbers
Max
Wife:uko na text.
Hubby:Please Nisomee.
Wife:"Equity bank" anauliza amefika poa.